Rebels was the name servants of the shadow used to give to any uprising tribe of people which refused to follow Sauron´s orders.The ungracious tyranny of the Nameless proved to be reason enough for men of darkness to turn away from their masters.Revolts and segretation in the wild lands of the east and south were supported or initiated by the Ithryn Luin and even Saruman who brought intrigue and disbelief into the borders of Sauron´s realm.While Sauron was successful in bringing his instruments of worship to the urban centers of the men of darkness, his enemies often retreated into the wilds, the mountain and forest lands which became rule-less country home to outlawed.
- the Wainrider-Variag-Near-Haradrim War about TA 1900.
- the rise of Ôn in the farthest east.
- the opposition of the Rahiwenna, or free nomads of central middle-earth.
- the opposition of the Sandmen to the Lords of Harad.Especially the Narakshi
- the alliance of the Stonefoot-Dwarves and the Mountainmen of the Orocarni.
- the Temênemêna and Ahûshi in the Utter South
- the rebel realms of Daldúnair, Lûrs Vorganís and Ûster Kryl.
- the rise of Arthanor.
- the resistance of the Island of Amazôn.
- the Telshar-Khemnahr conflict in far Harad.
- unallied or rebellious "free" tribes of Orcs and Trolls.