Gerontius Took (TA 2790–2920) was a Hobbit of the Shire, son of Fortinbras Took and 26th Thain of the Shire (2848–2920).
He married Adamanta Chubb and had 12 children with her:
- Isengrim Took III (TA 2832-2930)
- Hildigard Took (TA 2835-?)
- Isumbras Took IV (TA 2838-2939)
- Hildigrim Took (TA 2840-2941)
- Isembold Took (TA 2842-2946)
- Hildifons Took (TA 2844-?)
- Isembard Took (TA 2847-2946)
- Hildibrand Took (TA 2849-2934)
- Belladonna Took (later Baggins) (TA 2852-2934)
- Donnamira Took (later Boffin) (TA 2856-2948)
- Mirabella Took (later Brandybuck) (TA 2860-2960)
- Isengar Took (TA 2862-2960)
Gerontius reached the second greatest age of any Hobbit in history, being surpassed ony by his grandson, Bilbo. He was known as the "Old Took".
- magic diamond studs
- Foster, Robert. The Complete Guide to Middle-earth.
- MERP:Lords of Middle-earth Vol III: Hobbits, Dwarves, Ents, Orcs & Trolls
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.