The Town of Dispar
Dispar in the Caranduin Vale
|Location||Caranduin Vale, Coldfells, Rhudaur|
|Ruler||Arthedain (T.A. 1640)|
|Lifespan||abandoned before T.A. 1975|
Dispar (S./N."Bride-hunt" or "Bride-hand"?; Hi."Dorn Brigit") was located alongside the Caranduin River in an active farming area, and was larger than Carandor due to the greater opportunity for trade which existed in this setting. Dispar made no serious attempt at fortification. The earth bank walls of the town were able to delay, not deter, potential attackers.
GUIDE TO THE TOWN MAP
- 1. Port of Dispar. This trading facility was run by a committee of the town elders and subsidized by the merchants and farmers of the region.
- 2. The Golden Island. A large inn/tavern which specialized in creating an atmosphere derived from legends of the Island of Númenor. The place was popular with all officials and soldiers of the Kingdom.
- 3. The Grey Fox. A tavern/inn frequented by the more common traveler.
- 4. Risloe's. A smithy where weapons of all sorts could be purchased.
- 5. House of Healing. Several Healers worked here.
- ICE MERP #8103: Trolls of the Misty Mountains