- Type: Desert Waste; Savannah, Rainforest.
- Area: 11.500,000+ square miles.
- Elevation: average. 500 feet.
- lowest point sea level.
- highest point: Nakal Jofir (Apy. "The Camel's Back")
- 4.980 feet.
- Climate: average annual precipitation: 5-15 inches.
- wean annual temperature. 7 0 - 8 0 ° F
- average low. Narwain 4 5 ° E
- average high. Urui 1 2 5 ° F
- Location: The average Gondorian named any place south of the
- river Poros "Harad." A more scholarly use of the term refered
- to those lands bounded by the Harnen River and the Ephel Duath in the north, the :Belegaer on the west, the Ered Harmal to the east, and the Yellow Mountains
- in the south.
- Composition: The blasted, unfriendly land of
- Harad conjured images of rolling sand dunes in
- the minds of most Gondorians, but dunes
- constituted only a small portion of the total area
- of its vast desert. Most of the Haradwaith was
- made up of exposed layers of sedimentary rock,
- eroded by countless centuries of wind. Sandstone
- and limestone predominate, with conglomerate
- common in the many dry stream and river beds.
- Iron and copper ores could be found
- near the coast. Dry salt lakes were a
- valuable resource for anyone able to carry tons
- of block salt across the desert.
- Legends in Umbar spoke of a gold mine
- at an oasis in the middle of the desert,
- but such stories were probably based on
- dreams rather than fact.
- Far harad
- Lands of the Sun
- Southern Heat
- Utter South
All items (74)
- Sand Drakes
- Sun Lord
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.