- Type: Citadel/Fortified City
- Inhabitants: 60% Angmarean, 40% Orcish
- Population: 5,000
- Origin: First delved by Dwarves in the early Third Age; occupied by the Witch-King c. T.A. 1300.
- Purpose: Last line of defense for the Witch-King: a base from which he plots the downfall of Arthedain.
- Symbol: A Red Fortress on a Black Field.
Only a handful of the Free Peoples had viewed the interior of Carn Dûm and escaped alive.Both Orcs and evil Men resided in Carn Dûm,which was more a military camp than a proper city.A mighty wall protected the above-ground city ,but the subterranean halls provided an even more formidable defense.Deep within the mountain,the Witch-king schemed the demise of the Dúnedain of the North ,surrounded by the countless treasures he had seized from his enemies.
Places of Interest
- Catacombs of Carn-Dûm
- College of the Witches of Angmar
- MERP:Angmar (2nd Edition)