The Town and Fortress of Carandôr
Carandôr in the Caranduin Vale
|Location||Caranduin Vale, Coldfells, Rhudaur|
|Ruler||Arthedain (T.A. 1640)|
|Lifespan||abandoned before T.A. 1975|
Carandôr (S."Red Dwelling", Hi."Asstai Derg") was located to the north of the East-wood in an area that was more lightly populated and somewhat more dangerous. Thus the town was more heavily fortified than Dispar. Within the town was a small keep which housed an administrative office for the Kingdom, including a treasury vault. The rest of the town was surrounded by a 9' tall and 3' thick wall of rock.
GUIDE TO THE TOWN MAP:
- A. Residential Structure. Housing 5 soldiers.
- B. Office/treasury.
- The Flagon Tavern. A tavern strictly for the purchase and consumption of spirits.
- The Ornuil Inn. A hospice that would serve food and give shelter.
- Arvil's Curios and Artifacts. Arvil's is where travelers could expect to purchase information and sell items of value.
- House of Menel. A small trading establishmen
- ICE MERP #8103: Trolls of the Misty Mountains