- Type: Fortified Town and Castle.
- Inhabitants: 60% Dunlendings, 40% Dúnedain (later Healfblodas and Rohirrim).
- Population: 475
- Origin: First settled by the Dúnedain, c. TA 750
- Purpose: A stable base of administration in the northern Westmarch.
- Symbol: Two Rearing Horses.
Beldwin lay just south of the River Isen near an ancient, still-used bridge built by the Dúnedain in days of old.In the days of the Riddermark it was renamed Fréaham and became the Westmarch's main settlement.
|Boromir: "Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing!"|
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring II:10
- Randell Doty:Tales of the Westmarch
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.