Beastmen were hybrid-creatures, half-Mortal half-Animal.The Origin of these Beastmen was unknown, some as the ancestors of the Beorning-Shapeshifters were sometimes thought to descend from Maiar who possessed the ability to transform themselves into mighty Animal-Spirits or Kelvafeär.Others however were created by dark sorcerous experiments.
Examples for Beastmen in MERP include:
- the Badger-Folk, descendants of Kelfaen-Spirits in Badger-shape with mannish intelligence.
- the Weapons of Amon Lind, Chimaeras created by the Noldo-Magician Elenril
- Ulduin, a Dog-Man created by the Sorcery of the Nazgûl Dwâr
- the Monks of Ereg Eiren, Priests of the Utter South with the ability to shapeshift into large Cats.
- the high-priestess of Benish Armon who had the ability to transform into a great Cat
- the Scara-Hai-Orcs, who were able to transform themselves into War-Wolves
- Were-Rats, cursed Conjurers of Drûghic origin.
beastmen of note
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.