Autumnal Equinox or Yáviérë was an Elvish Holiday, the first day of Yávië or Autumn.The Dúnedain of Gondor celebrated Yáviérë as a harvest feast-day between their months Yavannië and Narquelië (ca. modern September 21st.).The Northmen celebrated a feast known as Haerfest , not exactly on but close to the autumnal Equinox.
Names of Autumnal Celebrations
- Haerfest - Rohirric and Western Rhovanian Harvest Festival
- Halimath Fair - Hobbitish Harvest Festival in the Shire
- Harvest Festival - Easterling Harvestfestival in Near Rhûn
- Harvest Home - Northron Harvest Festival - between modern 1 August - 1 September
- Harvest-moon -Eldarin Harvest Festival
- Harvest time - Southern Eriadorian Festival
- Harvestmath - Breeish Month and Harvest Festival - modern October 23 - November 2
- Summer's Eve - Late-Summer-early Autums Festival of the Daen-People
- Thanksgiving - Eriadorian Festival - August 8. - november 11th (depending on climate and the harvested product)
- Yáviéré - Gondorian Harvest Festival - Near modern September 21st.
|Boromir: "Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing!"|
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring II:10