Atanatar was the tenth King of Gondor. He assumed the throne after the death of his father, Turambar of Gondor, in T.A. 667. When he died in T.A. 748, the reins of power passed to his eldest son, Siriondil I.
|Boromir: "Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing!"|
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring II:10
- Crown-helm of Gondor — (Helm of Atanatar) white (mithril alloy) helmet of High Helmet design, shaped like a high, pointed dome applied with jewels.
- Helm of House Andúnië - A númenórean war-Helm of the High Helmet design, a stylized high dome with two applied wings of Sea-birds.This was the Helm of Elendil and the original crown of Gondor.
- Mace — (Mace of Anárion) mithril-inlaid eog Holy Mace topped with an inset aquamarine. The gem glew upon wielder's mental command and, depending on the level of concentration, could emit a bright beam that shone afar The mace was a originally a slaying-weapon when used against Sea-drakes, Kraken, or Fell-turtles and was used as the sceptre of Gondor.
- Shield— (Shield of Anarion) gold-and silver-inlaid black ithilnaur shield. Set atop the black metal field, the silver inlay formed the symbol of Gondor: the White Tree and the Seven Stars.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.